Thursday, September 13, 2018

Meet Your GEOG DSAC Student Representative!

Ariel Golightly (GEOG Representative)


Hi! My name is Ariel Golightly and I’m a junior Geographical Sciences major on a Sustainability and Development track with a GIS and Sustainability Studies double-minor. In addition to DSAC, I am part of the honor society of ALD & PES as well as a member of the Beta-Phi chapter of Gamma Theta Upsilon, the International Geographical Honor Society. 

In my spare time I enjoy cooking, hiking, doing yoga, reading, and being outside whenever possible. In the future I intend to pursue a Masters degree in Geography, then join the Peace Corps after graduation. Currently I am unsure of exactly what I want to pursue as a career but I’m especially interested in urban planning, agricultural sustainability and environmental policy. I’m so excited to participate in DSAC and be an active member of the BSOS community! 

Feel free to contact me at agolight@terpmail.umd.edu with any questions, thoughts or ideas regarding BSOS, GEOG, or anything else.