Tuesday, April 3, 2018

GIS Internship Position

The Law Enforcement, Security, and Emergency Services division of the Deputy Chief of Emergency Services for the National Park Service in DC is looking for students to help create a new data collection system for Search and Rescue. Work would be centered around this and other areas of NPS Emergency Services, like incident response, emergency management, and EMS. 

From Hilary Melton, a current GIS Intern:
"I've been able to shape my hours based on my schedule and workload. I am pretty self-sufficient in this internship and I usually work between 35 and 40 hours a week, but this is negotiable with my supervisor. I am the first and so far only GIS intern in the Law Enforcement, Security, and Emergency Services division at the the national level, so I'm looking for students who are independent, highly motivated, and think creatively and will share in our motto of "Serving Rangers, Protecting Parks. That Others May Live.""

Interested students can send a resume and cover letter to hilary_melton@partner.nps.gov, and can email or call 202-513-7242 with any questions.